This is the "Circulation" page of the "Circulation" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content


Last Updated: Apr 28, 2011 URL: Print Guide RSS UpdatesEmail Alerts
Circulation Print Page

Circulation FAQs

What do I need to check out a book?
How long can I keep a book for?
How can I renew my book?

Circulation Services

Circulation services deals with all issues related to the individual use of library materials, other than just browsing. Circulation services staff will assist you with:

  • Checking out books, course reserves, multimedia and even study rooms!
  • They will make sure your library account is up to date
  • They will assist you if you have overdue books, have holds on your records related to the library, etc.

more stuff

Library Cards

Your Southwestern College student or staff photo ID card serves as your library card. Photo ID cards are issued at the Student Center on the main campus. Remember to bring your photo ID card with you whenever you visit the library. Temporary student ID cards will not be accepted after the Student Center begins issuance of photo ID cards.

Students are financially responsible for all library materials charged on their ID cards. The Photo ID card is needed to borrow all circulating library materials, periodicals, multimedia and newspapers .

If you are a community member, you are welcome to apply for a Community Borrowers card. Community Borrowers must be 18 years of age, a San Diego County resident and can borrow a limited number of materials from the library. To apply for a Community Borrowers card you will need to provide proof of your current address and identification.

As a Community Borrower you may use the library catalog, information databases and equipment such as photocopiers and microform reader-printers.


Loading  Loading...